Who am I?
Qualified SEO specialist with over 4 years of professional experience with online marketing with Google Analytics, SEO and social networking. A passion for improving online presence in order to provide users a positive experience. Proven results earning clients $7M gross revenue through optimizing online marketing. Innovative and creative at increasing traffic and promoting brand awareness.
- SEO guru helped gain 7 million in profit for my Real Estate clients in 2014.
- Created and ran the Youtube channel “Epic Marble Race” for children. By applying SEO skills to my channel I went from 5 to 11,000 subscribers and over 7 million total views since June 2015. My channel continues to experience exponential growth.
- Customized HTML and CSS code for Covenant Communications, lds.org and many Real Estate Sites for clients. Strong ability of improving SEO.
- Took led in creating a Google spreadsheet for improving broken links at LDS.org.
- I created a spreadsheet to track the impact of SEO by monthly visits to all the websites I created.
- Planning a second project this summer with a Card Game “Here be Dragons”.
Committed to Budgeting and Meeting Goals
- Graduated with a B.S. in Digital Media in April 2013, student loans paid off February 2014.
- Successfully raised over $2,000 with a kickstarter.com Neon Maps project.
- I have a passion for creating visual multi-media products such as maps in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator. A love for Geographic Information and cartographic data.
- Awarded by manager for improving quality assurance of content for lds.org, decreasing the site overall page errors by 34% in 2014.
- Helping clients achieve their vision. I researched WordPress plugins and tested them to find the right one. Created a website for each of the team members with the ability to post RSS feed from main site to show on their personal sites.
What people are saying…
Kenyon Tueller Nudge
Jay has been an absolute pleasure to work with. It’s reassuring to know I can go to him whenever a need arises within the company. Any successful business should feel at ease having Jay part of their team. He is very knowledgeable, capable and easy to work with. Jay is a valued asset here at BuyPD and I look forward to working together more in the future!
Zakary Nyberg Web Language Producer at LDS Church
Jay is very dedicated and is motivated to get work done quickly. He works hard and is willing to learn and ask questions. He is very creative and has a passion for designing new things. He is a great person to work with and has a bright future ahead of him!
Jeremiah Makin Project Manager at LDS Church
Jay’s passion and drive has always impressed me, especially as I saw him launch his Kickstarter campaign for Neon Maps. I’ve noticed that he goes the extra mile to help create team unity and a good culture. The projects I was able to work with him on went well and he delivered. Jay is a creative, diligent, and steady. Take some time to get to know him and what he can bring to the table.
Anonymous LDS Web publishing team
I’m grateful that Jay is so willing to share himself and his interests. He is considerate of others and takes the time to make them feel good.
Pa UI pa-ui.com
You’re in for a treat. Introducing Neon Maps! This is a combination of the two to create a colorful, modern road map…This isn’t like any other city map out there. Jay stated that he would like to get attention through these maps, which he is funding via Kickstarter.
Marleen Smit mapsandthecity.com
Cool map alert! These Neon Maps City Posters by Jay Powell might be the perfect map for your living room or office. They are suitable for framing and there are various cities to choose from: Moscow, New York, Melbourne just to name a few.